Your Boat Insurance Agency
Owning a boat is a wonderful luxury item and means plenty of fun in the sun and beautiful outdoor scenery. Unfortunately, unplanned accidents can happen and you will want to protect your watercraft with boat insurance. There are many catastrophes that can occur to your boat such as theft, sinking, storm damage, emergency towing, and collision with another boat or a submerged object.
Boat insurance is meant to cover your boat, passengers, and spectators involved in the event of an accident. Depending on the type of boat or PWC you own, the type of coverage you may need will differ.
All boat policies have four typical coverages:
- Property coverage: Which covers physical damages to your boat, motor, trailer, and water sports equipment.
- Personal liability: In the event you cause bodily harm or damage to someone’s else’s property this coverage will help cover it.
- Medical payments coverage: Will pay for any incurred medical expenses if an accident were to cause bodily harm to the inhabitants of your boat or anyone else involved in the incident.
- Uninsured boaters coverage: Will help cover your health expenses if you happen to be involved in an accident with an uninsured boater.
Standard Coverage Options For Your Boat or Watercraft
Here are some of the standard coverage options offered for your boat:
- Damage to the sails, hull, motor, etc.
- Liability coverage
- Actual cash value of your boat
- Replacement with a new boat
- Agreed hull worth
- Salvage and wreck removal coverage
- Liability that covers fuel spills
- Medical payment coverage
Here are some standard coverages that protect you if you:
- Damage another boat
- Damage property with your boat
- Harm, injure or kill another person
There are also coverage options that are optional:
- Towing coverage
- Disappearing deductibles
- Personal property coverage in the event you damage your property like fishing equipment or water sport equipment
- Coverage to protect you if you are injured by an uninsured boater
- Hurricane haul out coverage
- Ice/freeze coverage if you boat in the colder parts of Arizona
Understand Boat and Watercraft Insurance
The cost of boat and watercraft insurance is dependent on a variety of factors:
- What state do you live in?
- What type of boat do you have and what are its features?
- Do you use it on lakes or in the ocean?
- What coverage options do you want?
After you purchase boat insurance for your watercraft and know the extent of your coverage, you should feel much better taking your boat out. In the event that there is some type of accident or unplanned loss, you hopefully have the correct coverage. You would simply need to file a claim and then would receive a payment that covers the loss.