Tatum Insurance LLC of Dallas, Texas
We are an independent insurance agency with an office located in Dallas, Texas. At Tatum insurance, we work for you, not the carrier, and are ready to serve your insurance needs including auto, home, life, business, and renters insurance. Our dedicated team of experts has active experience of over 60 years and our mission is to find the best policy and the right cover to fit your needs. The future is unpredictable, accidents and disasters strike unexpectedly. An insurance package to protect you and your household from financial loss is an absolute necessity.
Why Choose Tatum Insurance LLC?
As an independent insurance agency, our advice is unbiased because we represent several insurance companies. We offer you a wide variety of policies and coverage to suit your needs. Tatum insurance will help you find competitive pricing and make sure you are adequately covered. If you are concerned about your billing, or you need to switch your coverage, we can work with your insurer on your behalf. We review your coverage periodically and help you through life’s changes. You might be adding your teen driver to your auto policy, starting a business, buying your home, getting married, or renovating your house, Tatum insurance has got you covered.
Auto Insurance Policies
Tatum insurance will help you to get the best auto insurance to cover you from financial loss if you’re involved in an accident. You will also be protected from certain natural events. In Texas, it is mandatory for drivers to purchase and maintain minimum liability insurance. Auto insurance is required for car inspection and registration. The minimum required liability auto insurance in Texas is called 30/60/25 coverage translated to the following:
- Bodily Injury: $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident
- Property Damage: $25,000
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident unless you reject this coverage
- Uninsured Motorist Property Coverage: $25,000 and a $250 deductible unless you reject this coverage
- Personal Injury Protection: $2,500 unless you reject this coverage
At Tatum, we offer you expert advice and explain complex car insurance terms in a way you will understand.
Homeowners Insurance Policies
Homeowners insurance protects you and your home from unfortunate events including fire, theft, windstorms, and lightning. Purchasing homeowners policy in Texas can be puzzling, and at Tatum insurance, we understand this. We shop multiple carriers to get you and your family the best coverage to fit your needs. Homeowners policies in Texas include the following coverages:
- Dwelling: Reimburses you if your house is damaged or destroyed by a covered event
- Personal Property: Compensates you when your personal belongings are stolen, damaged, or destroyed
- Other Structures: Pays for repair or to rebuild structures that are not attached directly to your house
- Loss of Use: Pays for cost above your regular expenses when your home is unlivable because of a covered loss.
- Liability Protection: Pays to protect you against lawsuits resulting from someone sustaining injuries on your home.
- Medical Payments: Covers the cost of medical bills for people hurt on your property and away.
Life Insurance Policies
Tatum insurance understands your loved ones depend on you financially. That’s why our life insurance coverage is a must since it replaces your income when you’re deceased. This is important for parents with young children or adults whose partners they depended on pass away. At Tatum insurance, we have a life insurance policy to support your household when you can’t.
Life insurance policies available in Texas include:
- Term Life: It protects you against death for a specific period. Usually from 10 to 30 years. Once the term ends, you can renew the policy until age 95.
- Universal Life: This is permanent life insurance it doesn’t have a specific end date. It accumulates cash value annually which provides financial support much later.
- Whole Life: This is also permanent insurance with a cash value accumulation feature. It can assist with settling debts, supplement a term life policy, or provide supplemental income for your loved ones.
Renters Insurance Policies
Your landlord has probably insured the building you live in. There’s a common misconception that the property’s coverage extends to your personal belongings when the unexpected happens. This is not correct; you are responsible for your belongings in the rented house if a loss occurs. Not the property owner. Many landlords require renters insurance in Texas as a condition of your lease.
A typical renters insurance policy has the following coverage:
- Personal Property Coverage: Compensates you to repair or replace your stuff up to your policy’s limit.
- Personal Liability: Provides coverage against lawsuits when someone is injured in your home up to your policy’s limit.
- Loss of Use: Pays for reasonable additional living cost above your regular expenses when your house is temporarily uninhabitable due to a covered event.
Business Insurance Policies
From day one of starting a business, you are exposed to certain risks, which is why you need business insurance. One catastrophic event or lawsuit is enough to wipe out a small start-up even before it gets off the ground.
In Texas, it’s not mandatory for small businesses to have workers compensation coverage. However, your company is still responsible for injuries sustained by employees while working. Texas law allows someone injured at work up to two years to file a lawsuit. You could be still at risk of a lawsuit long after an injury happens.
Our experienced team of experts at Tatum insurance will advise you accordingly, and find the best business insurance coverage to protect your organization. We will provide information and advice about the following policies:
- Business Owner’s policy (BOP)
- Workers Compensation
- General Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Property Insurance and more!
Motorcycle Insurance Policies
Texas has the highest number of motorcycle owners than any other state, and having motorcycle insurance is required. A motorcycle insurance policy protects you, and your motorbike from injuries and accidents that may occur while riding. In Texas, there’s a special law for motorcycle riders called the Texas helmet law. It requires riders and passengers of motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds of all ages to wear an approved safety helmet while riding. However, there are exceptions to this law.
At Tatum, we will explain these exceptions in simple terms until you understand how insurers handle policies based on motorcycle helmet use. We will also help you to find the best coverage for your bike and how much it costs.
The following are the minimum motorcycle insurance coverage amounts in Texas:
- Bodily injury per accident $60,000
- Property damage per accident $25,000
- Per person injured in an accident $30,000
Directions To Our Office In Dallas, Texas
From The North
Get on President George Bush Turnpike E. Continue on President George Bush Turnpike E. Take US-75 S to N Central Expy in Dallas. Take exit 22A from US-75 S. Continue on N Central Expy. Drive to Interstate 635 Service Rd/Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. Our office will be located on the right.
From The South
Get on US-75 N from N Central Expy. Follow US-75 N to N Central Expy/E Service Rd. Take exit 20B from US-75 N. Continue on N Central Expy/E Service Rd. Drive to Interstate 635 Service Rd/Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. Our office will be located on the right.
From The East
Get on I-635 W from S Garland Ave. Follow I-635 W to Interstate 635 Service Rd in Dallas. Take exit 19B from I-635 W. Drive to Interstate 635 Service Rd/Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. Our office will be located on the right.
From The West
Get on Interstate 635 TEXpress. Continue on Interstate 635 TEXpress. Drive to Interstate 635 Service Rd/Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. Take exit 19B from I-635 E. Merge onto Interstate 635 Service Rd/Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. Our office will be located on the right.
From The Airport
Take I-635 E to Interstate 635 Service Rd in Dallas. Take exit 26 from I-635 E. Get on Interstate 635 TEXpress. Continue on Interstate 635 TEXpress. Drive to Interstate 635 Service Rd/Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. Take exit 19B from I-635 E. Merge onto Interstate 635 Service Rd/Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. Our office will be located on the right.